Three January 1 Chicago-area Expressway Accidents

There was a two-vehicle accident on the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90) early this morning which injured seven people.

The accident happened on the Dan Ryan at approximately 2:30 a.m., according to the Illinois State Police (ISP).

Details on the accident are limited; however, it is likely that alcohol was a factor in the accident, according to the ISP. The driver of the vehicle that caused the accident fled the accident scene, but was quickly pulled over by police.

In addition to the above accident, two other accidents happened on Chicago-area expressways. Both accidents were “rollover” accidents. One happened on the Kennedy Expressway near Division Street at approximately 2:40 a.m.; the second accident happened on I-94 near West 147th Street at approximately 1:50 a.m. Neither of these two rollover accidents appeared to have caused serious injuries.

Additional details and possible updates can be seen in a variety of media sources including the January 1, 2013 story titled “Several injured in expressway crashes early Tuesday” as well as the January 1 story titled “7 injured in Dan Ryan crash early New Year’s Day.”

Should you be involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. Elman Joseph Law Group, LLC has compiled a reference document titled “10 Steps You Should Follow After An Auto Accident.”
Elman Joseph Law Group, LLC ( concentrates in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.) This intense focus allows us to consistently achieve winning verdicts and settlements for our clients.

Should you be involved in a car accident, there are certain actions you should take in order to protect your rights. You should not assume – especially without proper legal representation – that you will receive appropriate compensation for your injuries, hardships and/or losses. To speak directly with a trial lawyer from Elman Joseph Law Group, LLC immediately, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. There is no fee for this consultation.

Contact Information